Friday, May 18, 2007

A good friend of mine is coming in town today

A good friend of mine, Chuck Monan, is coming into town today to lead our men's retreat. Chuck is the pulpit minister at the Pleasant Valley Church of Christ in Little Rock, Arkansas. He and I used to work together at the Wilshire Church of Christ in Oklahoma City.

I owe a lot to Chuck. He took me down to the jail to do Bible studies with inmates when I was a college student. This raised up in me a love for sharing my faith and leading others to Christ. I dropped out of medical school, and decided to go into ministry. The Wilshire congregation hired me full-time, and Chuck and I worked together for about four years.

This impressed upon me the importance of befriending, encouraging, and mentoring those around us. If you have a younger person in your life, seek to call them alongside you and help them grow in the Christian walk. You will enjoy this, and it will have a powerful affect on his or her life.

0 comments: