I've shared with you how it has been a difficult week, leaving great friends behind. But to our friends in McKinney, we want you to know that we are--paradoxiclly--looking forward to our new church home.
Some of the things that I am looking forward to include:
--A new challenge
--Helping another church grow and reach the lost
--Helping provide another church with ministry tools (like our new website--it is going to great!)
--The tremendous potential there
--Working with family friends at High Pointe that I've known from years ago
--Developing relationships with elders, other ministers, the search team, and the many great people there that I've met
--Developing new friendships, enriching our circle of friends
--Having our children be close to their grandparents
--Lots of free babysitting from their grandparents
--Being able to go to family reunions (they are always in Texas, and I never can go!)
Just yesterday I received a wonderful note from someone at High Pointe, talking about how she had faced a difficult move. But she said that she thought we were very much needed there, and that, after over two years of searching, God has brought us to them. If that is true, it is a humbling thought. Certainly we hope that God will use us to help many people find Christ and become more connected with God and one another.
Please keep us in your prayers during this time of transition.
- ► 2009 (111)
- Today's Tornado Scare - How Danger Draws Christian...
- Ministers and accessibility and the difference bet...
- My Spiritual conversation with my hair cutter
- David and Jonathon Pacts-Keeping Friendships
- We had a great Easter!, Follow-up on events
- See Our Write-up in the Sunday McKinney Paper
- Easter is tomorrow--it is not too late to invite a...
- What is this blog all about?
- Time is the real challenge for reaching out
- Children Ministry Video
- My experience with two homeless people this week
- Obama acknowledges both black and white anger
- Our first Sunday at High Pointe
- Churches must not be seen as corporations, ministe...
- We've arrived in Texas
- Onward and upward!
- Our transition
- Please pray for me tomorrow for my last sermon at ...
- What I'm looking forward to at High Pointe
- Famous Last Words
- A tough, emotional week
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2007 (176)
Theology and Popular Culture Blogs/Websites
Powered by Blogger.
- Churches in coffee shops and homes a growing trend
- Harvard's New Emphasis on Applied Knowledge is Instructive to Churches
- Young Adults want a lifestyle and authenticity, not religion
- My neighbor asked me to bless his house yesterday
- Exiles-Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture
- Christianity is about a lifestyle, not one hour a week
- Emotion in Worship
- Death by Suburb
- The Don Imus Firing--Lack of Redemption or Justice?
- Books That I Have Read in the Last Year
Some Other Blogs & Sites I frequent
- James Nored
- I currently am a preaching minister, evangelist, and missional leader at the High Pointe Church of Christ in McKinney, TX. I am working towards a Doctor of Ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA, studying missional church, evangelism, and postmodern culture. I give missional church and Spiritual gifts seminars for churches. I have written an evangelistic Bible study for postmoderns (Story of Redemption), New Members class material, and a work on Spiritual gifts. I am blessed with a wonderful wife (Becki) of 13 years and two beautiful daughters (Gina-age 7, Emily-4), the loves of my life.