Thursday, March 06, 2008

What I'm looking forward to at High Pointe

I've shared with you how it has been a difficult week, leaving great friends behind. But to our friends in McKinney, we want you to know that we are--paradoxiclly--looking forward to our new church home.

Some of the things that I am looking forward to include:
--A new challenge
--Helping another church grow and reach the lost
--Helping provide another church with ministry tools (like our new website--it is going to great!)
--The tremendous potential there
--Working with family friends at High Pointe that I've known from years ago
--Developing relationships with elders, other ministers, the search team, and the many great people there that I've met
--Developing new friendships, enriching our circle of friends
--Having our children be close to their grandparents
--Lots of free babysitting from their grandparents
--Being able to go to family reunions (they are always in Texas, and I never can go!)

Just yesterday I received a wonderful note from someone at High Pointe, talking about how she had faced a difficult move. But she said that she thought we were very much needed there, and that, after over two years of searching, God has brought us to them. If that is true, it is a humbling thought. Certainly we hope that God will use us to help many people find Christ and become more connected with God and one another.

Please keep us in your prayers during this time of transition.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

James,

We are looking forward to having you here permanently. We hope you and your family quickly feel at home in McKinney. You are in our prayers.


Bill James

Mr. E said...

James & Family,

We look forward to saying,"Hello" to you on Easter Sunday. My family will be visiting my sister-in-law and her family. We will be in Dallas for LTC!

The English Family

Mr. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

James,

As hard as I know it will be to leave one church home for a new one, I know God has great plans for you as part of High Pointe. My husband and I are very happy that you and Becky have chosen to be a part of the HP work. I know the Young Married's "crew" is also anticipating your family's arrival with excitement, and is looking forward to getting to know your family better.

See you soon,
Alison Vines

James Nored said...

Bill,

Thank you for the prayers. I know that you have a heart for helping for helping people.

James

James Nored said...

Mr. E., I'm glad you'll be there at Easter. Make sure you introduce yourself!

James Nored said...

Thanks, Alison. The young marrieds crews is vibrant and full of life. We look forward to staying young with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how difficult it is for you to leave Liberty. McKinney is a great place and we are all looking forward to you and Becki joining us. Best wishes for you this week.

Travis