Saturday, March 08, 2008

Please pray for me tomorrow for my last sermon at Liberty

If you are up tonight and get this message, please pray for me tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to get through tomorrow's sermon. Only by the grace of God. I have never in my life been this emotional. As my preaching friend Chuck said, this is one of the hardest things that I will do in this lifetime.

I now understand fully Paul's greetings at the ends of his letters, in which he names friend after friend, co-worker after co-worker. We are fortunate to live in a world where with email and phone and airplanes, we can stay in contact with one another. I am thankful for the opportunity that blogging affords, for it helps in this as well.

Please pray that I can get something out tomorrow.

7 comments:

JB said...

I hope that all went well for you today.
-JB

Anonymous said...

James. Last night, as well as the past 3 months- our family has been in prayer for you and your family. My girls prayed for your girls this morning as we drove to church. I prayed for you and Becky to remain strong and focused. There is no more nobler a cause than for us to follow the path God has for us.

We rejoice with you and your family and your new church family in Mckinney.

We love you guys,

Matt,Jen,Anne Marie,Emily & Mia

Anonymous said...

James my prays will be with you as you make your move. Your family have been a blessing here for the past 6 years and you will do many great works in McKinney. I will thank God every day for bring you into my life at the time you did and now you will be a blessing in others lives but we will always remember you and Beckey
Birgit

James Nored said...

James,

Thanks for thinking of us. I have a feeling that you and I will be spending some good times together very soon.

James Nored said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Nored said...

Matt,

Thank you so much for your prayers. It is great that your girls were praying for us too. You have a beautiful family and are richly blessed.

Thank you as well for your well wishes. We love you guys.

James Nored said...

Birgit,

Thank you for your thoughts. We are so glad to have touched your life. Know that you have touched ours as well. I'll never forget the night you were baptized. I told Mark, it will probably be this week or the next. And it was that week.

You have not only been baptized, but you have grown in so many ways. Keep the faith Birgit. I know that life has thrown you many challenges, but you have good Christian friends at Liberty to see you through.