Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Root Canal, Pie & Burger


This morning I got to class and checked my email, and I found an email from Becki saying that she had to have a root canal yesterday. Her tooth had been aching, and when she went in to see the dentist they diagnosed it and did the procedure right away. Ouch! Please give Becki all of your sympathy. And us. It was $1300. Ouch again.

I went to lunch today with Kurt, the D.Min. director, and one of the D. Min. office staff, Julia. We ate at "PIe and Burger"--real subtle advertising. I got the spagetti. Just kidding. No, I got the burger and a piece of coconut creme pie. It was very good.

Growing up in suburbia, you always gravitate to safety and security--and name brands. This goes for food too. Suburbanites eat at "safe" chains like Chilli's. Very boring and very pre-packaged. I learned about real food from Chuck, my preacher friend, who took me around to all of the "holes in the wall" in OKC. That is where the good eatin' is.

2 comments:

WanderingellimaC said...

YEA for pie 'n burger! and the picture you got was pretty close to the actual slice of pie we got.

James Nored said...

Pie and burger rocks! I have added it to my Pasadena hangout list.

Hope Kurt did okay in his big interview yesterday.

Glad you dropped by.

James