Friday, January 29, 2010
Here is a recent article in which the pope encourages priests to use social networking to spread the gospel.
The Pope said, "Priests are thus challenged to proclaim the Gospel by employing the
latest generation of audiovisual resources -- images, videos, animated features, blogs, websites -- which, alongside traditional means, can open up broad new vistas for dialogue, evangelization and catechesis," he said.
If the Pope, who is 82 and no technology buff, is calling on people to use social media, what about us?
How is your church using social media to share the gospel? What help can you offer or do you need?
Posted by James Nored at 12:44 PM
- ▼ 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (111)
- ► 2008 (220)
- ► 2007 (176)
Theology and Popular Culture Blogs/Websites
Powered by Blogger.
- Churches in coffee shops and homes a growing trend
- Harvard's New Emphasis on Applied Knowledge is Instructive to Churches
- Young Adults want a lifestyle and authenticity, not religion
- My neighbor asked me to bless his house yesterday
- Exiles-Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture
- Christianity is about a lifestyle, not one hour a week
- Emotion in Worship
- Death by Suburb
- The Don Imus Firing--Lack of Redemption or Justice?
- Books That I Have Read in the Last Year
Some Other Blogs & Sites I frequent
- James Nored
- I currently am a preaching minister, evangelist, and missional leader at the High Pointe Church of Christ in McKinney, TX. I am working towards a Doctor of Ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA, studying missional church, evangelism, and postmodern culture. I give missional church and Spiritual gifts seminars for churches. I have written an evangelistic Bible study for postmoderns (Story of Redemption), New Members class material, and a work on Spiritual gifts. I am blessed with a wonderful wife (Becki) of 13 years and two beautiful daughters (Gina-age 7, Emily-4), the loves of my life.